Thursday, November 26, 2009

Why Health Insurance Plan…

Friends, buying a health insurance plan or meeting the medical insurance broker to compare medical insurance plans have all become an easy affair. During my twenty five years of life, I was never hospitalized and never complained of any ailment. In fact, only mild fever once or twice a year affected me. But since the last two years, I became a friend with doctors and a regular visitor of hospitals. Now I am a victim of ailments, attacking me one after the other, especially related to my heart and stomach. Whatever I had saved during my five years of career are all gone! A colleague advised me to meet some Medical Insurance Brokers and buy a health insurance plan so that I am not least affected by the hospitalization charges.

I stay in a rented room and I came to know that a medical insurance broker working for Apollo Munich stay in a flat in the next lane. I met him and he showed me a number of medical insurance plans offered by Apollo Munich Insurance, all of which can be availed on a cashless basis. I am amazed to find that the company is networked with 4,000 hospitals…if am insured with an Apollo Munich insurance plan, I can avail services in any of these listed hospitals! The medical insurance broker elaborated me on the three plans offered covering from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh. I chose the standard plan…it starts with only Rs. 3 per day and the amount is just negligible!!

1 comment:

  1. One of the main reasons people buy health insurance is to ensure that in the unfortunate event of contracting a serious medical condition like cancer they have access to the best treatment and drugs.

    ReplyDelete