Monday, January 4, 2010

Importance of Medical Cover

Buddies, let me share with you my experience – an episode that shocked me and an incident that made me realize the importance of getting insured with medical insurance. I fractured my left hand and left leg due to a collision between the scooty I was riding and a four-wheeler. It was not my fault on the road and the injurer sped away. I was hospitalized for a few days. Till then I had accumulated around two lakh rupees in the bank for my marriage. This and more had to be deposited when I was released. The executive at the hospital counter asked my father if we had any medical insurance card when we were admitted. A well wisher at the hospital said that a Medical Cover card would have taken care of all medical expenses.

I lost my job as well. It was after almost half a year that I resumed my career. The first thing I did was asking my colleagues about medical coverage plans. Most of them are insured under different medical coverage plans offered by different insurance providers. And they suggested many names, leaving me confused. It was then the web search engine using which I compared medical insurance rates so that I get the best medical cover. Apollo Munich medical coverage plans appealed to me the most. And the Medical Insurance rates for all three plans are less compared to the benefits they cover. I chose the individual plan for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment